Thursday, July 7, 2011

A Secret to Happiness


Cynthia Sue Larson
Cynthia Sue Larson
"Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony."
- Mahatma Gandhi


When I spent one delightful childhood summer with my grandmother, she offered to make an angel food cake for my sister and me. We loved most any kind of cake, and were delighted to see such a marvelous project underway, as our grandmother whipped up some egg whites, added flour, eggs, vanilla, and a dash of salt. I gazed with wonder as she poured the heavenly smelling batter into a very special cake pan with raised sides... and gasped as she picked the pan up by its breakaway bottom... allowing all the batter to gush down her arm.

I'll never forget what happened next, as it was most remarkable to me... in this moment of cake disaster, my grandmother laughed and said, "Oh, Fiddlesticks!" I gawked in astonishment at her remarkably laid-back response to a serious culinary setback... wondering how she could find or feel any happiness in such a terrible moment.

Cynthia with her grandmother

My grandmother was a marvelous spiritual life coach long before life coaches were popular, and she showed me an amazing secret to happiness... something so simple almost anyone can learn to do it! Please watch this short video to find out how you can make use of this simple concept, finding happiness almost any time, anywhere:




My grandmother often talked with me about God, angels, and paying attention to signs, symbols and dreams, so I knew she was a very spiritual person... but until the moment of the angel food cake disaster, I had not known just how thoroughly she could personify such spiritual qualities as acceptance, forgiveness, love, and joy.

At a time when we hear more and more about things like the Happiness Index and Gross National Happiness, it's not necessary to pack up and move to whatever place is supposedly the happiest on Earth. We can make a positive difference in the world when we start making changes in every aspect of our lives right here, right now.

Remember to ask "How good can it get... when I choose happiness?" in every situation, especially ones where you can benefit from seeing a bigger picture.



Love always,
Cynthia Sue Larson
email Cynthia at cynthia@realityshifters.com



Let’s Connect
Facebook TwitterYouTube




5 comments:

C.M. Mayo said...

Absolutely! I like to say, "reality" is just a story we tell ourselves. Don't like it? Well then, change the story.

But the ability to change anything requires creative energy. My eternal question: how to nurture that?

I look forward to your newsletters. Thank you!

Catalina's Angel Inspirations said...

I love your video and the new format of the newsletter. Good story about your Grandmother ! Much appreciation for being the love light that you are !

Love, Catalina

Scheherazade said...

Thanks! I needed that! Ann

Ginny said...

Wonderful new look to your newsletter! I was 'bathing immensely in inner joy' when you shared the story of the angel food cake and grandmother's sweet response.You have such a 'Loving Light' around you,It also Heals...the viewers.
Blessings & Blissings : )

Lynn Klein said...

Hello Cynthia,
Your grandmother story is quite the opposite of MY grandmother story...the one that came to be legend in my family. When a kitchen "disaster" occurred one time, my Nana said "damn it all, I burned the carrots". I was very young, and my uncles and grandfather delighted in asking for years.."what did Nana say when.." However, there always love in that farm kitchen, and it was evdent in everything she served. She put her best into her cooking, so I know it was just disappointment in herself that allowed that to escape her lips. It was the only time, too.

I like the format very much. Easy, pleasant to read.